by Northwoods Software®
Adornments are normally associated with a particular GraphObject in the adorned part -- that is the value of adornedObject. However, the adornedObject may be null, in which case the adornedPart will also be null.
The area occupied by the adorned object is represented in the adornment's visual tree by a Placeholder. The placeholder is always the Part.locationObject, although you may specify any Spot as the Part.locationSpot. An adornment need not have a placeholder, but it may have at most one.
Adornments can be distinguished by their Part.category. This property can be an arbitrary string value determined by the code creating the adornment, typically a tool that wants to be able to tell various adornments apart from each other. Use the Part.findAdornment method to find an adornment for a part of a given category.
For example, one of the Adornments created by Part.updateAdornments when the part Part.isSelected has the Part.category of "Selection". Those created by ResizingTool.updateAdornments have a category of "Resize" and normally contain eight resize handles.
Besides the selection adornment and tool adornments, adornments are also used for context menus and tooltips. The adornedObject in such cases refers to the GraphObject to which the the context menu or tooltip applies.
There cannot be any links connected to an adornment, nor can an adornment have members or be a member of a group.
An adornment cannot have its own adornments. An adornment cannot be selected.
Adornments are not positioned by a Layout because they are normally positioned according to the Part that they adorn.
Constructor Summary Details
Properties Summary Details
|Name, Value Type||Description|
- Properties borrowed from class Part:
- adornments, category, containingGroup, containingGroupChanged, copyable, deletable, diagram, dragComputation, groupable, highlightedChanged, isAnimated, isHighlighted, isInDocumentBounds, isLayoutPositioned, isSelected, isShadowed, isTopLevel, layer, layerChanged, layerName, LayoutAdded, layoutConditions, LayoutGroupLayout, LayoutHidden, LayoutNodeReplaced, LayoutNodeSized, LayoutNone, LayoutRemoved, LayoutShown, LayoutStandard, location, locationObject, locationObjectName, locationSpot, maxLocation, minLocation, movable, reshapable, resizable, resizeAdornmentTemplate, resizeCellSize, resizeObject, resizeObjectName, rotatable, rotateAdornmentTemplate, rotateObject, rotateObjectName, selectable, selectionAdorned, selectionAdornmentTemplate, selectionChanged, selectionObject, selectionObjectName, shadowBlur, shadowColor, shadowOffset, text, textEditable, zOrder
- Properties borrowed from class Panel:
- alignmentFocusName, Auto, columnCount, columnSizing, data, defaultAlignment, defaultColumnSeparatorDashArray, defaultColumnSeparatorStroke, defaultColumnSeparatorStrokeWidth, defaultRowSeparatorDashArray, defaultRowSeparatorStroke, defaultRowSeparatorStrokeWidth, defaultSeparatorPadding, defaultStretch, elements, Graduated, graduatedMax, graduatedMin, graduatedRange, graduatedTickBase, graduatedTickUnit, Grid, gridCellSize, gridOrigin, Horizontal, isClipping, isEnabled, isOpposite, itemArray, itemCategoryProperty, itemIndex, itemTemplate, itemTemplateMap, leftIndex, Link, padding, Position, rowCount, rowSizing, Spot, Table, TableColumn, TableRow, topIndex, type, Vertical, Viewbox, viewboxStretch
- Properties borrowed from class GraphObject:
- actionCancel, actionDown, actionMove, actionUp, actualBounds, alignment, alignmentFocus, angle, areaBackground, background, click, column, columnSpan, contextClick, contextMenu, cursor, Default, desiredSize, doubleClick, enabledChanged, Fill, fromEndSegmentLength, fromLinkable, fromLinkableDuplicates, fromLinkableSelfNode, fromMaxLinks, fromShortLength, fromSpot, height, isActionable, isPanelMain, margin, maxSize, measuredBounds, minSize, mouseDragEnter, mouseDragLeave, mouseDrop, mouseEnter, mouseHold, mouseHover, mouseLeave, mouseOver, name, naturalBounds, None, opacity, panel, part, pickable, portId, position, row, rowSpan, scale, segmentFraction, segmentIndex, segmentOffset, segmentOrientation, shadowVisible, stretch, toEndSegmentLength, toLinkable, toLinkableDuplicates, toLinkableSelfNode, toMaxLinks, toolTip, toShortLength, toSpot, Uniform, UniformToFill, visible, width
- Methods borrowed from class Part:
- addAdornment, canCopy, canDelete, canEdit, canGroup, canLayout, canMove, canReshape, canResize, canRotate, canSelect, clearAdornments, ensureBounds, findAdornment, findCommonContainingGroup, findSubGraphLevel, findTopLevelPart, invalidateLayout, isMemberOf, isVisible, move, moveTo, removeAdornment, updateAdornments, updateRelationshipsFromData, updateTargetBindings
- Methods borrowed from class Panel:
- add, copy, elt, findColumnForLocalX, findItemPanelForData, findMainElement, findObject, findRowForLocalY, getColumnDefinition, getRowDefinition, graduatedPointForValue, graduatedValueForPoint, insertAt, rebuildItemElements, remove, removeAt, removeColumnDefinition, removeRowDefinition
- Methods borrowed from class GraphObject:
- bind, getDocumentAngle, getDocumentPoint, getDocumentScale, getLocalPoint, isContainedBy, isEnabledObject, isVisibleObject, setProperties